Wednesday, August 21, 2013

As Promised

     It has become something of a game that I like to play in my head.  I always ask newcomers the same question; "What do you want to learn about Paganism?"  Then, I bet myself that I know what the answer will be.  I have yet to lose this bet.  They all, invariably, say, "Everything."  I love their enthusiasm.  I remember when I first asked myself the same question, and gave myself the same answer.  Never, in a million years, did I think that I would end up where I am now, responsible for guiding so many of them in the first few weeks of their new found faith.  And there, you see, is the dreaded "Down Side".  I have only a matter of weeks with most of them.  They're just here long enough to get through Basic Training, after all.  I get to work with them once a week.  We cover one topic at each service.  How do I decide which topics are most important for newcomers?  How do I narrow the list down?  What if, once they're done here, and they move on to AIT, there's no Circle there for them to continue learning from?  They have so many questions.  What if I'm unable to answer them all in time?  I've made a commitment to these soldiers, and I refuse to let them down!

     And so, here I am, writing a blog.  My new, digital, online, publicly available Book of Shadows.  Blog of Shadows?  Will I be any good at it?  I don't know.  Time will tell, I suppose.  But, I'll give it a shot, and hope that it's of some value to someone.  Here, I'll be posting my answers to a lot of commonly asked questions, tips and tricks, thoughts and ideas, maybe a few anecdotes.  I might even enjoy doing it.

     So, welcome to the blog.  I invite you to sit down, get comfortable, and maybe learn a thing or two.  Feel free to leave comments, or even contact me if you have questions or suggestions.

Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment